Demand documents through the Freedom of Information Act or Privacy Act
Avoid Delays! farmers only Make Your FOIA Demand Online
Throughout the nationwide response that is COVID-19 our ability to process paper FOIA requests and deliver records by mail will likely be significantly paid down.
Use our online FOIA system to demand:
- Your very own immigration record,
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record, or
- Non-A-File information such as for example policies, information, or communications.
We shall publish our reaction to your demand in your USCIS on line account and notify you.
Get the reaction faster, keep our workforce safe, and minimize the spread of COVID-19 by simply making your FOIA request on the web.
Records You Can Easily Request from USCIS
Under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), you can easily request:
- Your immigration record;
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record; or
- Non-A-File information such as for instance USCIS policies, information, or communications.
To Get Your Records as Efficiently as you possibly can
- Go to the USCIS Electronic researching area to verify we now have perhaps perhaps not already posted the records you may need.
- Make the right agency to your request by reviewing the sections below. We would not have all immigration documents.
- Demand just the documents you will need, even as we can get back exact needs faster.
Demand records online to immediately:
- Ensure you get your demand lined up for processing;
- Understand we received your demand; and
- Be notified as soon as we plan your demand.
On line records are really easy to:
- Access from the phone, tablet, or computer;
- Send to some other individual; and
- Print and download.
Current average FOIA request processing times
The status of the FOIA documents request
Look at the Check Request reputation web web web page, scroll down, and enter your FOIA control quantity
Documents which can be a lot more than a century old
Details about our FOIA process or procedure
Documents on the part of person in Congress
Immigration records by practices aside from our online system
Requesting documents by e-mail, fax, or mail will wait our reaction to you. Use our online FOIA system to get documents in a quicker, more convenient online format.
You should if you need to request records by mail:
- Complete and sign Form G-639, Freedom of Information/Privacy Act Request (PDF, 384.25 KB) after reading its directions (PDF, 241.33 KB)
- Draft a request documents which contains your full name, mailing target, date of delivery, host to delivery, and a signature this is certainly notarized, or one that's finalized under penalty of perjury.
Then deliver your demand to USCIS by:
- Fax at 816-350-5785;
- Mail at: National Records Center (NRC) FOIA/PA Workplace P.O. Box 648010 Lee's Summit, MO 64064-8010
Making your demand by some of these practices will need which you:
Available records under area 508 of this Rehabilitation Act
- Topic line "FOIA Disability Rooms"
- Your title
- A telephone number where you could be reached
- Your FOIA Control Quantity
We shall contact you to definitely help.
The more accurate you create your demand, the greater amount of effectively we could return the documents you'll need.
You should check the status of a current FOIA demand from the Check reputation of FOIA Request web web page.
Particular papers from an immigration file (A-File)
Simple demand, it is therefore expected to go quickly.
Involved request, so our review will more than likely have an amount that is significant of.
In the event that you request вЂњthe application and all sorts of supporting documents,вЂќ our review will demand additional time than an ask for a document that is specific.
An A-File as quickly as possible, as you have actually a planned hearing having an immigration judge.
Priority demand, you must add a duplicate of 1 of the forms that are following granted because of the Department of Homeland protection or Department of Justice, together with your demand:
Should you want to dispute a USCIS FOIA request, please look at the web site regarding the working office of Government Ideas Services (OGIS). OGIS provides mediation between FOIA requestors and agencies that are federal.
USCIS won't have all immigration documents, therefore make sure to make your demand into the right agency.
Importer Trade Activity (ITRAC)
Applications from U.S. residents for U.S. passports
Visa demands from noncitizens to enter the U.S.
When you yourself have questions regarding your pending FOIA/PA demand, you might:
- Phone the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283 (TTY: 800-767-1833);
- Fax questions towards the nationwide Records Center at 802-860-6908 or 816-350-5785; or
- E-mail the questions you have .
The nationwide Records Center is only able to respond to questions about FOIA/PA needs. We can not assistance with pending applications, petitions, or every other sort of immigration matter.